Conflict De-escalation: Ways to Prepare and Engage when Emotions Run High (DEIC, Pre-Register)
Conflict De-escalation: Ways to Prepare and Engage when Emotions Run High (DEIC, Pre-Register) Online
The DEIC, The Center for Teaching & Learning & the Dispute Resolution Center of Thurstn County are partnering to provide you with this great training opportunity on conflict De-escalation. This training is recommended to Faculty & Staff.
When we care about something, all of who we are gets involved including our thoughts, feelings, and bodies.
- What if what is being discussed is intense, emotional and triggering?
- When does it make sense to engage with an upset person?
- How do you do that?
- Can you prevent that?
Come explore what activates our emotions and how to navigate and de-escalate them. We will explore the mind-set and skill-set necessary to engage with each other when emotions run high. Additionally we will explore ways to set up learning spaces to be supportive of all students and help mitigate issues before they arise.
Register Through Event URL Below
- Thursday, October 22, 2020
- 12:30pm - 2:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/conflict-de-escalation-ways-to-prepare-and-engage-when-emotions-run-high-tickets-117343344101